Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week # 12

So this week was realllllly cool!
Elder Roundy along with any other Leaders or Trainers in the mission went over to Kennewick for a few days for a training meeting. So that put me with Elder Metz and Elder Packham, both from my MTC District!
Elder Metz's area covers Downtown Vancouver so we walked and walked and walked talking to everyone! We found some verrrry interesting people haha.
We found ourselves in a circle of gay men, so thats always fun. Kinda like being back in theatre in the round haha.
They were kinda making fun of us and whatnot so as kindly as we could we explained what we believed and left one of them a card. Fun times haha
And then we talked to the American Indian woman from New York, she is like 80 or something. But she told us that we were "the epitome of manhood"! No one has ever told that to me before so it was nice haha. Super sweet lady, while Elder Metz and Elder Packham bantered back and forth with her preacher son I just talked with her and it was awesome! I told her about the Book of Mormon and how it was found in New York and is a history of her people and she got all excited haha.
So downtown is a ton of fun!
I want to go down there on a P-day and go to the shops cause there is a billion of them. I found a Glass Blowing shop! I have wanted to learn how to blow glass for so long!
But we stood at the edge of the Columbia River looking over at Portland across the bridge, its a very odd feeling being on the very edge of the mission. I kinda felt like i would explode if I crossed the line haha.
We have a couple new investigators so thats always good!
Our wards are just the best, super jazzed about missionary work so thats sweet!
I have been asked to sing for three different things now haha. On the 9th i will be singing in Skyview Sacrament meeting, the 12th for my first Zone Conference, and the 15th for the Skyview Talent show. So that adds some more stuff to get done haha, tons of fun though.
The mission is wonderful! Remember the Christ is risen. Our Savior is there showing us the way to the very throne of God. Nothing is more important!
I love you all
Elder Dutson




















No comments:

Post a Comment