Thursday, November 24, 2011

Week # 19

Hello family,
This one will be very short cause for whatever reason my head is
killing me and this stupid computer screen is making it ten times
worse haha.
Its been an awesome week!!!
I went on exchanges with my Zone Leader Elder Bale yesterday and he is
just so dang cool. He is just a great friend now, i love serving with
him, and he is actually from Glendale! So not to far from home!
We went to the Temple today! Its so hard to believe that it has
already been three months since I was at the Portland Temple, its
really wierd haha. The Columbia River Temple is breathtaking on the
inside despite how small it is. At one point the Celestial Room had
only missionaries in it...I looked around and just felt incredible. I
had asked to feel the Spirt even stronger and I looked up and saw 20
so missionaries all sitting around the room lost in thought and in the
Spirit, I love the Temple! Mesa will be the first place I go when I
get home, I miss that building almost more than anything else.
So that story I told about Sally last week...we went and we taught her
mom, little brother, and nephew...they are so golden its not even
funny!!!
This one I think God just wants us to sit in on, cause we dont have to
do much haha. They have been reading the Book Of Mormon, they
absolutly LOVE Church, Jacob is already talking about being a
missionary hahaha! The Lord truly does give us those He has prepared
when we work hard. Linda, Jacob, and Joseph...they already even SOUND
Mormon!
We are baptizing Josh on Sunday, and we are so excited! He is so
ready!!! He finally told his mom and brother to shove it haha. He told
them he knew it was true and that he was ready and it didnt matter
what they said cause he was getting baptized hahaha! So I am definetly
stoked for that one.
And Wes ill probably end up back in Vancouver at somepoint so ill find
Elder Browning for you, and I agree with Wes about the time
change...it soooo lame! Everyone here was so surprised that AZ doesnt
do it, and then they thought about it and said that we are the only
smart state haha. It gets dark at like 4 or 5, its ridiculous!!!
Before I end this very short update i want to let you all know I love
you, there was times back home where I was flat out an idiot haha. But
thankyou for everything you ever did for me, because its helped to get
me where I am at now, and its a place I love.
I know this is Christ's Church, that this is His doctrine I am
teaching, and that immeasurable blessings come from doing what He
wants us to do. He knows us, so let Him direct us!!! Elder M. Russell
Ballard said that a funny thing happens when we try to place our feet
in Christ's footsteps, one day we look up and realize that His path
has led us directly to the throne of God.
I love you all, have a wonderful week!!!
Elder Dutson

P.S. I cant believe Courtney is MARRIED! I JUST left! Congrats cousin
i love you both :)

1 comment:

  1. My son, Elder Chase Paxman is serving with Elder Dutson now. He sounds like a great missionary. I will stalk this blog so that I can learn more about him :-) Feel free to stalk my son's blog elderchasepaxman.blogspot.com. :-) Chantel

    ReplyDelete