Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week # 14

Hey family!
Awesome week! Its finally started to actually rain!!! We have gotten soaked a couple times now, but i love it so thusfar im fine haha.
We had exchanges yesterday, and Elder Bates came over to my area. He is one of our Zone Leaders, awesome Elder. We listened to Christmas music in the car alllll day haha. Speaking of which you should all find Christmas music and send it to me, that would be fantastic ;)
We had a referral from some of the other Elders, and it was to this guy who lives in the sketchiest part or our area. This crazy trailer park where hardly anyone likes us haha.
But we went over to Randy Avery's trailer and talked to him, nice guy, super poor. And we set an appointment with him for Thursday!
And then as we were wallking out a man stopped us and asked if we were LDS. After saying yes we were he told us there was a girl, his step daughter, in trailer 3 who wanted to talk to us. So we walked on over and started to talk to the lady named Melissa. She is from Idaho Falls, so right off the bat we knew she had some contact with the Church haha. A bishop actually married her and her husband over there. But her husband walked out on her and 4 kids in May...disgusting. That thought just makes me so angry, but anyway she needs help finding a place to rent so she can get out of the trailer park. So we told her we would talk to the Bishop and see what we could do, and she said we could come back a teach her. She has talked to missionries before but you never know. At the least we could try and get her out of the trailers.
Cool story from this week, we were on exchanges earlier this week as well. Elder Packham was over in my area and we are laying in bed, when we get a text. This kid Chris, he is 19 almost 20, lives next door. He is dating a member who is at BYU, and his best friend Daniel is LDS. They were in the Marines together. We have tried to teach him before but him mom didnt really want us to. But we got a text that said 'hey guys i want to set up a time to meet with you, i want to learn more, and learn the process to be baptized'
So we are stoked for him! He is going to wait till December till Daniel gets back so he can baptize him. I hope I am still here for it!
Just a good week!
I sang for both of our Sacrament Meetings on Sunday, I did I Know That My Redeemer Lives. The Michael Hicks arrangment.
And then Sister Greer asked me to sing Lord I Will Follow Thee for Zone Conference tomorrow. So i am getting my fix haha.
Tranfers are in just a week! This transfer just kinda flew on by! Its beautiful over here so i hope ill stay. I most likely will, i havent been here to long.
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Read your scriptures!!! ;)
Love
Elder Dutson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment